Director of DevelopmentCompany: Asante
Date Posted: February 10, 2017
Sterling Search Inc. has been exclusively retained to recruit for the Director of Development for the Asante Foundation (Foundation).
In 2012, Asante Foundation hired a new Executive Director, Floyd Harmon. Floyd came to the Foundation with experience in both healthcare and higher education including Hoag Hospital Foundation, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, and University of California – San Diego and Irvine campuses. Within these five years he has introduced a donor relationship management model and structured the department for sustainable growth in revenue and impact. Asante Foundation has a total staff of 18 and the Director of Development is one of two strategic leaders reporting to him.
With a vision for significant growth, a generous and supportive Foundation Board, Asante Foundation is positioned for further success. The Asante system is currently undergoing a facility review which will create several significant capital projects. These projects will instigate a comprehensive campaign to begin within the next few years, and probably the largest the system has ever undertaken in its history. The Director of Development is a career-making opportunity and a rare occasion to serve in partnership with an accomplished, fast-paced, cohesive and successful, team.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and moving major gift relationships that lead to philanthropic support of Asante. In this position, you will report to the Executive Director and provide leadership to the formulation of the Foundations' mission, goals, objectives and policies. You will also guide the Foundations' conceptual and developmental planning processes, including the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and annual budget.
As the Director of Development for the Foundation, you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage current and prospective donors and leadership volunteers in a variety of fundraising initiatives
- Provide leadership for developing impactful gift opportunities with an emphasis on projects and programs in healthcare transformation
- Manage operational and fiscal plans and the implementation of fundraising campaigns
- Develop and promote public interest, understanding and goodwill for the Foundations' fundraising programs within the entities of the Asante Health System, the local community and with donors, both locally and nationally
- Implement successful fundraising plans and meet financial performance goals established in the foundations' strategic plans
Candidates with the following qualifications are urged to consider this opportunity:
- Passion, imagination, vision, leadership, and integrity
- 5 years fundraising experience, including raising revenues in excess of one million dollars annually required
- Previous management and leadership experience in foundation, development or health program management required
- A strategic approach to development, with significant experience in cultivating and managing donors
- A record of quantifiable success in donor segmentation, research, and cultivation
- Demonstrated ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and implement to completion.
- A strong interpersonal and communication skill set and demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of the Foundation’s constituencies including staff, Board members and other key stakeholders
- A track record as an effective communicator skilled at writing and public speaking; adept at writing proposals, solicitation letters, donor correspondence, and other types of materials to enhance fundraising
- Ability to juggle many responsibilities at once, and to operate both independently and with the flexibility to be part of a team
- Computer literate: Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and experience with fundraising database software. Raiser’s Edge a plus
A competitive compensation package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
As the largest healthcare provider in nine counties, Asante is a non-profit, community based healthcare system that provides comprehensive medical care to more than 600,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Their facilities include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante, their top priority is their patients. They believe each person they reach must be treated with compassion, dignity, honesty, and skill. Their more than 5,400 employees work together to make this ideal a reality, supported by new technology, modern facilities, and a common purpose of healing and hope.
Asante is based in Medford, Oregon, and governed by a board of directors comprised of local volunteers and physicians. Board members give their time to ensure that the people of nine southern Oregon and northern California counties receive high-quality healthcare services provided with compassion. All decisions are made by people who live and work in our community.
Founded in 1973, the Asante Foundation has led efforts to garner community support in southern Oregon and northern California for more than 40 years. The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees who provide leadership, connectivity and oversight of their activities. They work with donors from a wide geographic area of nine counties that includes over 600,000 people. The Foundation has offices at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center and Asante Three Rivers Medical Center.
Over the years, the Foundation has completed major projects that have dramatically improved the health of the communities we serve including:
1973 – Established as a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization
1988 – Completed first campaign to build the Smullin Education Center
1988 – Became one of the first Children’s Miracle Network hospitals - one of only 170 in the United States
1994 – Completed the campaign to build the Francis Cheney Place and Dubs Cancer Center
1999 – Completed the campaign for Three Rivers Community Hospital. Established the Spears Cancer Center
2005 – Completed the $15 million Patient Tower and Emergency Department Campaign
2005 – Completed the campaign for the Family House sponsored by Grants Pass Association of Realtors
2011 – Completed the NICU Expansion Campaign
Please send resumes to:
Sterling Search, Inc.
Direct all correspondence, emails, and telephone calls to Sterling Search, Inc.
Any resumes sent or telephone calls made to Asante will be redirected to Sterling Search, Inc.
Asante Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer