Development DirectorCompany: Pittock Mansion Society
Date Posted: August 3, 2017
The Development Director will:
- Model a culture of collaboration, abundance, and gratitude with internal and external partners and supporters.
- Create, implement, and institutionalize a major donor program, corporate sponsorship program, planned giving program, and foundation grant strategy to strengthen and diversify organizational funding.
- Refine and grow membership and annual giving programs.
- Manage Corporate Membership program including occasional after-hours events.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and revise and adapt for continual improvements.
- Coach, encourage, and support Development Committee, Board of Directors, key staff, and volunteers in fundraising activities.
- Engage board and staff by orchestrating cultivation, stewardship, and requests for support from corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Supervise a .6 FTE Development Associate.
- Collaborate with marketing on the design and production of fundraising materials and communications.
- Liaise with the Development Committee and Board of Directors reporting on development activities and progress.
- Create innovative fundraising campaigns;
- Create and manage the Development Department revenue and expense budget.
- Maximize efficiency of fundraising and constituent relationship management software.
- A passion for history, culture, and preservation.
- Five years of high-level nonprofit development experience.
- BA, CFRE, or commensurate experience.
- Exceptional organizational and managerial skills in an evolving environment.
- Demonstrated success managing and motivating staff and volunteers, fostering a positive work environment, and modeling best practices.
- A record of asking for and securing stretch gifts.
- A persuasive story teller, both written and oral.
- Ability to understand interdepartmental connectedness and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Consistent ability to take ideas from vision to implementation.
- CRM and fundraising software expertise.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and special events as necessary
Pittock Mansion offers an excellent benefits package including Health, Dental, PTO, EAP and retirement plan.
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to offer of employment.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references (including a reference from someone you have supervised if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Director in the subject line. Thank you for taking the time to explore possibilities with us!