Regional Chief Development OfficerCompany: American Red Cross
Date Posted: June 7, 2018
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Regional Chief Development Officer in our Portland, Oregon location to serve our community and support our lifesaving services.
This highly visible, external-facing role represents the Cascades Region in establishing, reinforcing, and growing private philanthropy efforts to meet critical financial goals. You will be expected to promote a resilient, revenue-oriented culture centered on market-driven targets, supporting the Regional Executive in cultivating high-capacity donors on a consistent basis. You will lead your development team—including a sizable company of leadership volunteers—in blueprinting and executing impactful fund development strategies for the Cascade Region’s individual donor base, corporations, and foundations.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies in close partnership with the Regional Chief Executive, Divisional Fundraising Vice President, and regional Board(s), attaining significant annual growth in the short term and diversifying the funding base towards long-term sustainability
- Meet or exceed regional minimum fundraising targets of $3.4M for the current fiscal year), adjusting as necessary in the event of major domestic disastersFulfill national and regional fundraising metrics via a personal portfolio of major donors and prospects and in-person solicitation skills
- Collaborate with national headquarters’ development staff to identify and maximize fundraising opportunities
- Lead focused growth in major gifts areas and prospects, coordinating efforts with regional philanthropy officers; oversee staff professional development as necessary
- Collaborate with leadership to determine reporting structure for regional Fundraising Development staff, instituting best practices in moves management and performance measurement
- Oversee implementation of regional organizational campaigns (e.g., Holiday Campaign, Disaster Relief, and March is Red Cross Month)
- Act as a regional senior leader, directing the Regional Development team in carrying out strategic decisions and adhering to all reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ fundraising leadership experience with an established track record of proactively growing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies; progressive sales leadership may substitute for fundraising experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ supervisory experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing broad fundraising programs from inception to successful closure of major giftsSignificant expertise with Portland, Oregon’s funding community highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.com)
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development; team spirit; a competitive salary; and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please visit TBD.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, well-qualified women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.