SW Regional Advancement DirectorCompany: All God's Children International
Date Posted: February 9, 2018
The West Coast Regional Advancement Director will be responsible for the attainment of specific goals for community engagement, fundraising, and sponsorship. This position will implement strategies to develop community and church relationships by communicating All God’s Children International’s vision and mission, meeting with individuals and/or organizations, and creating gift acquisition plans in conjunction with the Advancement Team. This position will be based full-time out of Vancouver, Washington.
Responsibilities and Duties
- In partnership with the VP and Director of Advancement, lead the planning and creation of the communications strategy for all sustainable fundraising efforts on the West Coast.
- Operates systems for managing the prospect and planning data (Smart Sheet and Donor Perfect)
- Manage relationships with 100+ major and mid-level donor prospects and churches
- In the first two years raise a minimum of 150 thousand dollars annually. Increase this amount raised to 500 thousand dollars annually within five years
- Develop church engagement goals, as well as sponsorship goals
- Raise annual revenue from new and existing individual donors, churches and foundations to meet fund development goals
- Work in partnership with VP and Director of Advancement to achieve funding objectives
- Communicate persuasively All God’s Children International’s ethos, vision, mission, and priorities
- Implement a gift acquisition strategy for prospects and donors capable of gifts in excess of 1000 dollars
- Develops and implements a church relations strategy that opens doors to sponsorship presentation and church partnerships on the West Coast.
- Develop donor profiles, set production goals, and utilize an activity calendar to realize revenue objectives
- Help create the high quality, compelling case statements in collaboration with VP and Director of Advancement
- Contribute to written proposals and comprehensive and timely stewardship reports
- In partnership with Advancement Department, research, evaluate, and prioritize prospects in order to assign priority levels and primary callers
- Research and network to discover qualified individuals and foundations to fund AGCI initiatives
- Identify deferred giving potential, working in collaboration with VP and Director of Advancement
- Participate in team meetings and/or conference calls that are strategically necessary to the accomplishment of the Annual Advancement Plan goals and campaign goals
- Establish and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of AGCI
- Displays excellent time management and organizational skills to prioritize workload
- Acts as representative of AGCI at events, speaking with public to educate them on the work and opportunities to support our orphan care programs
- Accountability to pre-determined weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Ensures an exceptional experience through unwaveringly high levels of customer service with both internal and external audiences by being honest, warm, responsive, and thorough at all times
- Respectfully takes direction from the VP and Director of Advancement
- Completes various administrative tasks as assigned
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and remains open to all levels of work and support for the organization
- Travels domestically or internationally as requested
- Must possess a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently.
- Completes additional tasks (administrative and advancement related) as required
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor's degree in business, nonprofit management or a related area from a four-year college or university; as well as 5-7 years minimum of transferable professional experience, especially in significant major donor fund development. Advanced degree and further experience preferred.
Job requires advanced basic computer skills including logging on to systems, word processing, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, presentation creation/editing, database, use of internet and communication by e-mail. Preferred experience in DonorPerfect, SmartSheet and other fundraising software.
- Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance) available; 401k matching available after 1 year
- Free full gym on-site in building
- Non-profit coffee shop in building
- Free parking
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the name of the position you’re applying for in the subject line and a brief description of why you believe you would be a perfect fit for the position.