Director of DevelopmentCompany: Lumina Hospice and Palliative Care
Date Posted: February 12, 2018
The Director of Development will serve as the chief fundraising officer for Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care, and will take the lead in developing and conducting a capital campaign to fund two new buildings. Throughout the capital campaign, you will continue to develop a major gifts program to sustain unfunded programs as Lumina grows; develops new programs and services, and expands into new regions. This is a unique and special opportunity to build, enhance and professionalize ongoing development activities at Lumina.
- Must embrace the mission of Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to build external relationships with donors and foundation staff.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Increase the overall productivity and efficiency of the Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care fundraising program.
- Work closely with the board of directors and the executive director to develop and implement a capital campaign to raise funds for newly purchased building renovations and ground-up building of a hospice Adult Foster Home.
- Throughout the capital campaign, continue to create on-going and sustainable fundraising success for Lumina by developing relationships with major donors.
- Build and enhance the major gifts and bequest programs including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Participate in grant seeking by researching appropriate contacts at funding organizations and building relationships. Assist in reviewing grants written by other staff.
- Oversee donor prospect research.
- Participate in board meetings as requested and board donor relations committee meetings.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Applications including resume and cover letter are welcome via our careers portal: https://www.luminahospice.org/get-involved/career-opportunities/
If you are interested in this role and want to join the Lumina team, we look forward to receiving your application!