The AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter is pleased to offer three types of scholarships that support philanthropy and staff professional growth at smaller organizations throughout our region. Scholarships are available for AFP membership dues, CFRE certification fees, AFP international conference registration. If you have any questions, please contact Scholarship Chair Scott Palmer.
· Target applicants are employees of 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations with 5 or fewer fund development staff.
· An individual may receive no more than 1 scholarship award in a calendar year.
· No more than 2 individuals from any organization may receive scholarship awards in a calendar year.
FUNDAMENTALS OF FUNDRAISING SCHOLARSHIP - $150
$150 scholarship for the two-day program September 29-30.
CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP DUES SCHOLARSHIP - $150
Up to 6 AFP membership dues assistance (50% up to $150 for the first year and 25% up to $75 for the second year).
Applications welcomed throughout the year until funds are committed for the year.
AFP Dues Scholarship Application
CFRE CERTIFICATION SCHOLARSHIPS - $300
Up to 2 financial assistance scholarships upon successful attainment of CFRE designation. Preference for participants enrolled in the AFP OR/SWW chapter review course.
Match of 50% ($300) Applications welcomed August through November until allotted funds committed for the year.
CFRE Scholarship Application
AFP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS - $500
1 AFP International Conference registration (chapter award)
1 AFP International Conference registration "Chamberlain Award" (AFP International award for first time attendee)
AFP members receive preference for chapter awards. Follow up report/letter requested after the conference.
Award made through AFP International for the Chamberlain Scholarship. Chapter scholarship award will be made to the individual or organization upon receipt of documentation of registration.
Conference Scholarship Application
$1,500 Scholarships ($595 Conference Fee + $905 for Travel Expenses) will be offered in each of three categories provided the category achieves sufficient funding. The AFP Foundation offers our donors the opportunity to direct their gifts to one of the following categories:
- The General Diversity Scholarship Fund - reserved for applicants who identify themselves
as members of the AFP diversity community of fundraising professionals, or AFP members who
are employees of a nonprofit organization that serves a diverse community.
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Scholarship Fund - reserved for applicants who identify themselves as members of the AFP GLBT diversity community of fundraising professionals, or AFP members who are employees of a nonprofit organization that serves
the GLBT community.
- The African-American Diversity Scholarship Fund - reserved for applicants who identify themselves as members of the AFP African-American diversity community of fundraising professionals, or AFP members who are employees of a nonprofit organization that serves the African-American community.
To be awarded the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholarship, the recipient must:
- Be an AFP Member in good standing of AFP
- Be a fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible diverse community as defined by AFP (African-American, Asian, Faith-based, GLBT, Hispanic, Jewish or Rural) or be a fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed by an eligible AFP diverse community where 50% or more staff members are from that diverse community or a nonprofit organization that serves a 50% or more eligible AFP diverse community client base.
- Be employed by a nonprofit organization with an annual operating budget of $2 million or less.
- Be a first time AFP International Conference attendee.
- If selected, show their commitment to attending the conference by making a payment of $10 as an administrative conference fee and provide additional funds to cover expenses beyond those covered by the scholarship.
- Fully complete the scholarship application.
- Agree to submit a post-conference evaluation.
Questions? please contact the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy at (800) 666-3836, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.